As a region Marlborough is famous for its gastronomic delights, a foodie heaven with offerings from land and sea to tantalise your taste buds, all washed down with a glass or two of fine Marlborough wine.
With summer upon us, it’s the perfect time to celebrate Marlborough’s famous cuisine and tasty treats.
Here are 5 ways to enjoy Marlborough’s bountiful fare!
- Visit the Marlborough Farmer’s Market (Every Sunday between 9am-12pm at the A&P Showgrounds) – Here you can enjoy the taste of the freshest locally grown and sourced seasonal fruit, vegetables and produce that Marlborough has to offer.
- Take a Winery Tour – Not just for visitors… If you’re a Marlburian, take a day out to get to know your local wineries better. With over 37 cellar doors to visit, you might need to set aside more than a day! If you like biking and wine, then riding Marlborough’s Golden Mile through Rapaura and Renwick is a perfect way to spend a weekend.
- Stay in the CBD – With a plethora of restaurants to choose from in central Blenheim, there’s something to satisfy everyone. From relaxed cafe style dining, to fine dining at Hotel d’Urville; and don’t forget to try the newest addition to the list of restaurants, Cartel, Marlborough’s only Mexican Bar & Grill.
- Check out the chocolate – At Makana Confections boutique chocolate factory on the corner of Rapaura & O’Dwyers Roads, it’s a chocolate lovers paradise.
- Visit the Marlborough Wine & Food Festival (11th February 2017) – This iconic event is New Zealand’s original and longest running wine festival and is held each year in Blenheim. Over 8,000 Festival goers relish the opportunity to sample world-class wines and delicious local cuisine in the heart of Brancott Vineyard – Marlborough’s oldest and most picturesque vineyard. The Festival provides a day long abundance of entertainment to tickle every fancy, with wine tutorials from the region’s leading winemakers, a Fashion in the Vines competition, celebrity chef and cooking demonstrations all washed down with a spectacular musical line up at this unique vineyard festival. Such a vast variety of world-class wine and food means a visit to The Marlborough Wine & Food Festival ultimately requires a big appetite, some thirst quenching, and a belt with plenty of notches! Bayleys Marlborough are proud sponsors of this spectacular gastronomic gathering. Find out more HERE. We can’t wait to see you there.