When you’re selling your property we know you want to achieve the best price possible. There are certain improvements that will always add value to a home, but when you’re just about to list your Marlborough property we understand that you don’t want to be pouring money into large projects.
It’s no secret that well maintained kitchens and bathrooms will catch a buyer’s eye, potentially increasing the value of your home, so with that in mind we thought we’d share five simple bathroom updates that you can make on a shoe string budget.
- Mirror, mirror on the wall, who has the largest bathroom of them all? – If your bathroom is a small room, create the illusion of space by adding some mirrors. Go for frameless mirrors to keep the lines simple.
- Storage sells – We’ve written many posts about de-cluttering prior to selling and it’s especially important in a bathroom to have clean surfaces. If you think your bathroom could do with more storage units, check out local garage sales and thrift shops for small free standing or wall hung units you could revamp and repurpose.
- Great grout – If your grouting needs a little TLC then ask a professional to quote for a clean up. Check out the GroutPro website.
- Light the way – Lighting is so important in a bathroom, a simple switch of lighting fixtures could really make the difference to how a buyer sees your home.
- Accessories and accents – Simple touches like new towels, shower curtains and blinds can make a huge difference to the look of your bathroom, and definitely don’t have to cost the earth. Choose bright, cheery colours for maximum effect.
At Bayleys Marlborough our agents have a wealth of combined experience, and can offer lots of tips and advice to help you achieve maximum value for your property.
If you’re thinking of selling contact us today for a free property appraisal.