Buying or selling your home is often daunting even if you consider yourself an old hand in real estate rituals! But if you’re a first time buyer or seller it can seem especially baffling, and that’s where we come in, because our Bayleys Marlborough agents offer a personalised and professional service that recognises each client’s unique need, and that includes first timers!
We thought we’d put together a list of our top 3 tips to help you prepare for buying or selling your first home.
First time buyers.
With house prices on the up and up it would often seem impossible for first timers to get their foot on the property ladder, but where there’s a will there’s a way, so forge on and follow our top three tips below to help you become proud homeowners.
- Do your research – Keep an eye on property papers and websites. Download our Preview magazine for a selection of our latest listings, plus, if you’re planning on buying in Marlborough, you’ll find some interesting articles about the area you’ve chosen to make your home too. Subscribe to our newsletter for up to date listings and go hard at open homes, remember the early bird always catches the worm.
- Compromise is sometimes key – Keep in mind that this will likely not be your final home, so why not write a list of “need to haves” and “nice to haves“. With each property you view consult your list and tick all that apply.
- Gather your team – When you’re making a significant financial investment it’s great to know you have a team around you. We can’t help you with the legal or financial stuff, but we can offer you great advice about the Marlborough area and property market, we’d love to be on your side, so give us a call.
First time sellers:
It often seems that there’s a lot of information available for first time buyers, but it takes two parties to seal a deal, so who’s helping the sellers? We are! Read on for our top three tips for selling your first property.
- Keep your peepers peeled – Keeping an eye on the property market is a great first step to knowing when is a good time for you to sell.
- Know your worth – Remember that our experienced agents can offer you a free property appraisal, contact us now to arrange yours.
- Preparation is the key – Make the most of your valuable asset, a beautifully presented home will command a higher price. Keep an eye on our blog for great articles on how to prepare your house for sale.