- The big get together – Christmas is traditionally a time for families to come together, and festive gatherings are often occasions that will inspire thoughts of moving closer to loved ones. To that end, listing your property at Christmas time can often pay dividends, as people start to explore the local real estate market if they are visiting the region, and are looking to relocate.
- New beginnings in New Year – The New Year is a time that many people will look at what they want to achieve over the next twelve months. Often this will involve upsizing or downsizing. It might be that others plan to move to a new region for a lifestyle change, or they could be looking at their career opportunities and planning a move commensurate with that. Listing property at Christmas time will ensure that you are ready to take advantage of this increased New Year market activity.
- Open homes can be busy – With people in holiday mode as they take time off work over the festive period, you’ll find that open homes can be popular and that that means an increased audience for your property.
- Seasonal surfers – There’s generally a surge of internet traffic around the festive period as people have time to relax on the deck and browse at leisure, that includes looking for property!
- Serious buyers – Be in no doubt that buyers who are looking at properties over the Christmas period are very serious buyers indeed. This could lead to increased competition to secure your property, and could also mean that your property sells faster than you’d anticipated.
If you’re thinking of listing your property to benefit from an increased audience and serious Christmas buyers, contact us today.