As you deck your halls with tree and tinsel, you’ll no doubt agree that ‘It’s the season to be jolly”! But the big question is… Is it also the season to sell your Marlborough home? This is an age-old debate that gets opened every year, and there’s a popular misconception that listing a property at Christmas should be avoided, but at Bayleys Marlborough, we believe that is not necessarily the case; and in fact, we see several advantages to listing your property at the start of the Christmas season…
Here are four reasons why we believe you can still sell your Marlborough home over Christmas!
- Marlborough shines – Our beautiful Marlborough region has lots of visitors over the festive season… Many of these, will understandably, fall in love with the area, and some are serious about relocating. So listing your property prior to Christmas can invite new prospects.
- All they want for Christmas is a new home – Be in no doubt that buyers who take a break from the festive frivolities are very serious buyers indeed. This could lead to increased competition to secure your property, and could also mean that your property sells faster than you’d anticipated.
- Twinkle twinkle beautiful home – Just like the sparkling tree topper, your beautiful home could be the star of the show. There will inevitably be sellers who pull their property from the market before the festive season. With fewer homes on the market, more prospective purchasers will choose to visit yours.
- Social and sparkling open homes – People take time off over the festive period. Without work pressure, they are more easily able to fit in property viewings and open homes. Plus, your property will look amazing! Your viewers are sure to get the warm fuzzies over twinkling lights and beautiful Christmas decorations? Let your prospective purchaser’s imagination run away with them as they picture themselves enjoying a wonderful family get together in their dream home next Christmas!
With all that said there are a few considerations to be taken into account if you hope to sell your Marlborough home over Christmas.
- Seasonal surfers – Your online listing is an essential part of your marketing! There’s generally a surge of internet traffic around the festive period as people have time to relax on the deck and browse at leisure, that includes looking for property! At Bayleys Marlborough we take care of your online listing as part of the sales process so that you can be sure of maximum exposure.
- A picture paints a thousand words – If you’re thinking of making the most of the Christmas market exposure do contact us before you put your decorations up. That way we can arrange stunning photography that won’t date come the New Year!
- Dial back on the decorations – By all means, decorate for the festivities, but be sure to avoid clutter. You want your home to sparkle with festive magic but not detract from the fabulous living spaces within.
There’s still time to list before Christmas… Contact us today!