If you’ve been following our Bayleys Marlborough blog, you’ll have read lots of articles about preparing your house for an open home. Here are a few from the archives:
- A happy open home
- How to sell your your home when you live with man’s best friend
- 5 storage solutions to tidy your space
But sometimes, and especially in the hot property market we’re experiencing at the moment, your buyers don’t want to wait for an open home, they want to view your house and they want to view it now!
It’s unrealistic to expect a family home to be in a constant viewing ready state and so we’ve put together a list of 5 life hacks for staging your home in five minutes!
- In the kitchen – Stash and Stow – If it’s on the surface it looks untidy. Utilise the fridge, oven and dishwasher to stash dishes and food away.
- In the bathroom – Wipe and Wash – Light coloured bathroom surfaces show dust and grime really quickly. Keep a bottle of surface spray and a micro fibre cloth in the bathroom, and dedicate 1 minute to cleaning the mirror, tap ware and counter.
- In the living room – Gather with Grace – Keep a beautiful wicker basket to hand, and fill it with any loose items that are lying around. Once full pop it in the corner, place a colourful folded throw on the top and your prospective purchasers will be none the wiser!
- In the bedroom – Fold and Fluff – Pick up any clothes and fold tidily. Squashed pillows, cushions and linens look sad so fluff the pillows and give the duvet a shake.
- Throughout the house – Let in Light – No matter whether it’s night or day, summer or winter. Lights on in the home will always make it brighter and chirpier, which in turn equals tidier!
So there you have it our top 5 tips for a tidy home in 5 minutes. Remember our experienced team have extensive knowledge about preparing your home for market, if you’re thinking of selling contact us for your free appraisal and a wealth of advice!