If you’ve made a decision to sell your property, you generally don’t want to hang around. You might be relocating, downsizing, upsizing or moving in with a partner, whatever your reason is for selling, you probably just want to get on with the job in hand and move onwards and upwards.
At Bayleys Marlborough, we’re here to help you do exactly that, but there are a few D-etails to consider, so we’ve put together a list of our top tips to help you sell your property quickly.
- Driveway Details – Most people will decide whether they like a property very soon after entering, if not before. So take some time to create kerb appeal. Pre-sale primping shouldn’t just be reserved for the inside of your home, make the best of your driveway and garden. The season may dictate garden maintenance tasks, but whatever the time of year, you can always invest in some new pots and plants to frame your entrance way. Think about giving the front door a lick of paint if it’s looking a little tired. You may find this article from our archives useful.
- De-clutter – We’ve written a lot about de-cluttering. It’s something that makes your eventual move easier, but a good clear out will also make your property more attractive to potential purchasers. So do it sooner, rather than later. If you can’t decide what you’ll need to take to your new home, and what you can trash, then make arrangements for temporary storage facilities.
- DIY – When you’re living in a house, it’s easy to put off those minor repairs and live with the broken cupboard hinge or dripping tap, but if you want to sell quickly you need to present your property at its very best. So set aside a day prior to listing and get all those fifteen minute repairs ticked off.
- Design – Now is not the time to install a new kitchen or bathroom, but you do need to make the best of what you have, and many prospective purchasers will make their decision based on the appearance of these rooms. So consider some low cost design hacks that will improve the look of these key areas without costing the earth. It may be as simple as buying new towels or blinds; or perhaps painting and updating handles on cupboards to give a fresh modern look.
- Do contact Bayleys Marlborough – Our experienced agents offer powerful, focused, 2-3 week campaigns, that don’t just get people through your doors, they get the right people through your doors! Get in touch HERE.