Last month we posted a link to this NZ Herald article on Facebook. It told of house prices spiralling out of control in Auckland, and the knock on effect of homeowners, selling up, cashing in and moving out of the city.
Our very own, Andy Poswillo (Director – Bayleys Marlborough) was quoted in the article, because we have seen at least eight Auckland families buying local properties in the past three months.
So, it looks like the secret is out… Marlborough is a great place to live, and not just because of the amazing properties that are available.
We thought we’d share with you our top ten list of great reasons to live in Marlborough. Here they are (in no particular order…)
- The Scenery – We’re home to the Marlborough Sounds, in fact Marlborough boasts 20 per cent of New Zealand’s coastline, that’s a lot of beaches, bays and coves to visit.
- The Weather –2400 hours of sunshine every year. Marlborough regularly claims the country’s highest sunshine hours per year and an average summer temp of 23.4 degrees. That makes us happy!
- The Food – Marlborough has a burgeoning industry in artisan food producers; have you been to the Blenheim Farmer’s Market? (Open every Sunday
9am till 12 noon). It’s a not to be missed shopping delight, with fresh produce, boutique suppliers and cottage industries, a market visit makes grocery shopping simply delightful.
- And More Food – Okay, we admit it we had to spread this one out a bit. We have some of New Zealand’s finest seafood on our door-step. It doesn’t matter whether you choose to buy your Mussels, Crayfish and Salmon from a local store, or whether prefer to catch it yourself, the world is, quite literally, your oyster!
- The Wine – Well, you’ve got to have something to wash down all that glorious food! With Marlborough being New Zealand’s largest grape growing and wine making region you have a great choice of cellar doors and wineries to visit.
- The Shopping – With many women here in the Bayley’s Marlborough team, this is important stuff! With the best, independent department store in the Top of the South, Thomas’s; and our new favourite boutique, No.4, recently opened in Blenheim, we can get our fix of retail therapy whenever we need to!
- The Weekends – With over 250 parks and reserves across the district there’s always somewhere to play. Whether you want to tramp, mountain bike, or enjoy a family picnic, you’ll find something to suit.
- The Weekdays – For a region with only 45,000 people, Marlborough knows how to do business. It’s one of New Zealand’s most vibrant and successful regional economies. You’re also likely to have a stress free, stunning commute to work from wherever you live in region.
- Our Community – We know how to look out for each other… Marlborough recently became the 332nd community worldwide to become accredited as an International Safe Community, with a formal accreditation signing held at the Sport and Events Centre in Renwick on 11 March 2014.
- Our Properties – Visit our website to view the extensive selection of properties currently on our books, or even better, pop in and see us!
Our thanks to Only Marlborough for many of the statistics used within this article.