Here at Bayleys Marlborough, we’re super excited to be sponsoring the Terrier Race at the Marlborough A & P Show, which takes place on 7th November, following the Grand Parade. The A & P Show is a long standing tradition for the wider Marlborough community celebrating everything that is good about agriculture, including a showcase of the best livestock, horses and ponies, home cooking, preserves, craft, photography, sheep shearing, dog trials and wood chopping.
The terrier race is a part of the A & P show that we’re proud to be involved in, because we think the presence of man’s four-legged friend, is one of the things that helps turn a house into a home.
However, let’s face it when you come to sell your home, a little thought needs to be given to how the presence of your furry friends may affect your prospective purchasers offer to buy your house.
We’ve put together a list of tips for selling your home if you’re lucky enough to live with Man’s Best Friend.
- Invest in professional carpet cleaning – Pet odours and hair can become embedded into your carpets, a professional clean will help remove them.
- Vacuum often – Sounds simple, but those pesky pet hairs have a way of building up in corners within minutes.
- Repair damage – Remember the days when your pooch was a puppy and gnawed the kitchen cabinet if left alone for ten minutes. We know, you’ve learned to live with the teeth marks, but your prospective purchasers won’t like them….
- Remove toys, bowls, cages, cat litter trays – You’ll tidy up your children’s toys and play areas for an open home, do it with your fur baby’s toys and too.
- Pick up in the garden – Need we say more?!
We’ll see you at the A & P show!