If you’re looking to sell your Marlborough property, our blog is constantly updated with practical tips that will help you achieve this.
Today we’re looking at the role the humble house plant plays in this process… We all know that they look pretty, but did you know that house plants can actually help you sell your home? Here are five reasons why…
- They reduce stress – Here at Bayleys Marlborough, we’re here to make the whole process of buying and selling properties as simple and pleasurable as possible for our clients; that said, it’s a well known fact that moving house is up there on the list of life’s stressful situations. If you can put prospective buyers at ease when they enter your home and create a feeling of optimism, calmness and well-being you’re moving in the right direction. House plants can help achieve this… It was proven in a 2008 study, that hospital patients with indoor plants in their rooms reported lower stress levels than patients without them.
- They keep things quiet – Plants and their leaves can absorb and reflect background noise levels. If you live by a busy road, consider placing more plants in the rooms that are close to the road.
- They’re a breath of fresh air – House plants are proven (by NASA no less!) to enhance air quality, they can help remove low-levels of chemicals and indoor pollutants.
- They will keep your house clean – Because they reduce the carbon dioxide levels in a room, they can help reduce dust.
- They will keep your purchasers focused – The reduction in carbon dioxide also improves mental clarity!
All in all, purchasing some suitable houseplants is one of the quickest and easiest ways to add some zest and sparkle to your home. You can of course use cut flowers, but in the long run it will add up to a more costly exercise, as you will need to replace them more frequently. If you prefer the look of flowers, invest in a flowering plant; like a potted Gerbera, Cyclamen or Orchid.
In winter time especially, consider bringing the outdoors inside; by adding larger tree like plants to your home you’ll instill an overall feeling of space.
Remember at Bayleys Marlborough we offer free appraisals and our experienced agents can offer more top tips to ensure your home is presented beautifully for sale.