We’ve got something pretty special going on in Marlborough. Our region is a breathtaking paradise of colour and beauty, and never is this more obvious than in the Marlborough Sounds; land and sea offer unlimited accessibility for sports and leisure in a setting that is as geographically diverse as it is unique.
In today’s blog post we’re celebrating the jewel in our crown… The Marlborough Sounds.
With spring arrived and summer just around the corner it’s time to embrace the great outdoors, so we thought we’d share our top five things to do in the Marlborough Sounds…
- Take steps to meet the Queen – The queen of tracks that is! The Queen Charlotte Track stretches between the Queen Charlotte and Keneperu Sounds; enjoy coastal views, native bush and discover a seamless network of cruise and pack transfers, resorts and lodges and great food and wine. Find out more HERE.
- Find your sea legs too – You’ll love exploring the Marlborough Sounds by track, but you’ll love exploring it even more by water! Some say the only way to really discover the sounds is by boat. So whether it be by kayak, sail or motor boat, this year promise yourself to be a tourist for the day (or several) and enjoy the water.
- Cast for your supper – Childhood memories are made from family days exploring the Sounds, adventures mean a healthy appetite, so cast a line for blue cod and snapper in the Kenepuru and Pelorus. Or if you’re feeling adventurous dive for crayfish and paua.
- Enjoy nature – The Marlborough Sounds are rich with native bird life, the dawn chorus is a joy to wake up to! Visit the beautiful Motuara Island in the Queen Charlotte Sound. This predator free sanctuary is home to kiwi, saddlebacks and other native wildlife. Pristine waters are home to dolphins, penguin, orca and stingrays.
- Live life there – At Bayleys Marlborough we invite you to embrace the abundance of the Marlborough Sounds in a very special way, make it your home. Whether you’re looking for a permanent retreat or a family holiday home, Bayleys Marlborough can help you find your dream home. With several properties coming up for auction in the very near future you could make Christmas memories here, enjoy family time here, or escape and recharge here…